So here’s another simple home remedy to try it out for those of you who are always asking about glowing, healthier and young looking skin…
Using ice cubes on your face has been used by many beauty experts in spas and skin care treatments for several years.
Benefits of using Skin icing;
- Refresh the skin – when you have late nights and you wake up in the morning and see your face looking all dull and tired, ice cubes are the best treatment to hide away the tiredness from your face!!!
- Fight the formation of wrinkles – Reduces the signs of wrinkles and slow the creation of new wrinkles.
- Increase the blood flow which results with healthy and glowing skin
- Smoother skin – makes it look fresh and healthy (Skin icing can tighten and shrink the enlarged pores by unclogging the pores that look larger because of the excess sebum.)
- Great for puffy eyes – reduces the puffiness under your eyes
- Pore Primer – use ice on your face before makeup. It will minimize your pores and foundation will look smooth and flawless.
- Control Blemishes – Skin icing can soothe irritation, reduces swelling and redness. Great remedy for pimples.
- When you see a new pimple apply the ice on the skin and it will slow the inflammation. Hold the ice cube on the acne for several seconds. This will help you reduce the size and number of blemishes. Repeat this process.
Steps to follow;
- First and foremost cleanse your face thoroughly/ wash your face using your normal face wash.
- Wrap one or two ice cubes in a soft cloth.
- When it starts melting onto the cloth, apply the ice to the face.
- Move the ice gently with circular movements. Go up along the chin and the jaw line, up the cheeks, and along the forehead and nose.
- Finish the procedure with your normal skin routine (toner, moisturizer or any other extra treatments you wish to follow)
- Always make sure to cover the ice cubes with a hand towel, soft cloth or thick tissue as you will not be able to hold the ice for long with bare hands.
- You should avoid using the ice straight from the freezer onto your face as it can break the capillaries under the skin.
- The icing should not be applied for more than 15-20 minutes.
- If you prefer/wish you can add other items such as lemon, cucumber for better results.